God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal. – Old West Adage
Before I ever heard of THE GAME, before I ever learned how to use a knife, I was shooting guns and teaching others FULL TIME as a firearms instructor.
Back in 1999, I walked into the local gun range with my older brother who was looking to buy a gun, and was overwhelmed by all the choices. “Assault rifles”, lever actions, bolt actions, shotguns, single shot, muzzle loaders, semi-auto, full-auto, revolvers, single action, double action, single AND double action, sniper rifles, hunting rifles, self defense models, police models, military models, female models, 1911’s, Sigs, H&Ks, Styers, Colts, Bushmasters, and Glocks….well you get the pictures.
We both only knew what we had read about in some gun mags (big mistakes). Fortunately he was buddies with the Director of Training/Manager of this giant facility who took us out to the range and taught us how to shoot with his own gun. Within 30 mins of instruction we were putting all of our bullets through a single hole.
I thought that this was normal, that everyone could could easily accomplish what we just did, after only my third time shooting. As I walked past everyone else out on the range to leave, I saw that most of them had trouble even just getting their rounds somewhere on the entire man sized target, at 1/2 the distance we were shooting at!
At that moment, I instantly fell in love with shooting. Learning how to control something that is so scary to so many, learning how to focus, learning how to control my body and what it does, and most importantly, understanding the way the brain works in learning and how it reacts under stress, were some of the most beneficial lessons I have ever received.
The skills I learned from firearms training have carried over into every other aspect of my teaching and anyone who has ever learned anything from me has benefited from those skills.
The confidence I have KNOWING that I can protect myself and my loved ones= PRICELESS!
When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. -Clint Smith
A firearm is the ultimate force multiplier, it is the MOST important tool you need to have to keep you and your family safe, from a break it, a carjacking, or worse…
As a 19 year old kid I knew the BEST way to learn something was to immerse yourself in it, find great mentors, and make it your job.
So as we walked off that range I asked if they were hiring. I didn’t even know someone under 21 could work at a gun store/range but learning this skill was a new obsession, and I got the job!
5 years later, multiple classes, certifications, instructor rankings and learning from TOP LEVEL firearms instructors, I was promoted to Director of Training/Manager where I wrote and taught all the advanced classes. Guys who were in the EXECUTIVE/VIP PROTECTION course know what happened next, I left to go work at a contracting company and took all of my training to the next level. Then my divorce and my self help journey began….
Last year in our special Wilderness Survival course we taught you how to survive in the outdoors, how to make fire from rubbing 2 sticks together, how to signal for help, and how to look for tracks + how to hide your own tracks.
For 2017, we are taking things to the next level in our-
ULTIMATE URBAN SURVIVAL COURSE
Here is a quick vid of the April course, right now I am accepting applications for one I am running in Nov. (already 3/6 spots taken)
While the WILDERNESS COURSE was amazing (and you can read some of the feedback HERE), most of you don’t live out in the wild!
Guys in the class and guys throughout the years keep asking me what gun they should buy, what gear should they get to go along with it, how to shoot it, and the advanced tactics they ever needed to defend themselves or their family.
I’ve always done my best to answer those questions, and even with my lecture from the 21 Convention in the forum, I keep getting asked for more advice. The bottom line is nothing can replace HANDS ON TRAINING.
Trying to make a class like this happen has been almost impossible, a dream class where we teach you as much of the coolest and most helpful skills we can in 4 days, so I called in a few favors and was able to rent out a classroom & an entire shooting bay at my old range JUST FOR US!!!
To make this class even more awesome, I am bringing in an expert to teach everyone more than just the shooting skills, he will cover the MINDSET, PLANNING and GEAR that you need to survive if the GRID GOES DOWN. It’s great to have the gear, but if you don’t have the proper training, planning or mindset, you probably won’t make it if the SHTF.
(or if there is a Zombie Apocalypse)
Tony Nester (his school ANCIENT PATHWAYS is the primary provider of survival training for the Military Special Operations community) is again available to help us make this event EPIC!
One of the best parts of this course is even though it isn’t until NOVEMBER, your training starts NOW!
I made a special Facebook group just for those who are attending, where you can ask anything you want and get feedback/advice before the class. I also will be doing LIVE VIDEO STREAMS, where I will start teaching you guys MONTHS before the class even starts, I will demo, lecture, and give direct advice to each of you. This also helps you save $$ by not wasting your money on gear that you don’t need for the class.
So what will the course cover?
The first 2 days are going to be 100% firearms related spending only as much time as needed in the classroom, and then hitting our PRIVATE RANGE.
I will PERSONALLY teach you the very best of what I learned in the last 17 years of training.
In this course you will learn-
- How to choose a firearm that is right for YOU
- Caliber selection
- Safe and correct handling of handguns
- The 5 gun safety rules
- How to properly load and unload your firearm
- How to clear it and make sure it is safe
- How to store it so it doesn’t end up in the wrong hands
- How to hit what you are aiming at (even 25 yards away)
- Proper trigger control (1 of 2 biggest issues shooters have)
- Reloading your firearm under stress
- 1 handed reloads in case one of your hands is injured
- Clearing the 3 types of malfunctions (what people mistakenly call “jam”)
- 1 handed malfunction clearances
- How to choose the right holster(s)
- Where you should carry your gun (especially for MAX concealability)
- Drawing from your holster/ Weapon presentation
- Low-Light shooting (80% of crime happens at night!)
- Whether you should have a weapon mounted light or a handheld
- Target identification, and shoot/no-shoot scenarios
- Shooting up close and far away, and the limits of your firearm
- How to shoot multiple different firearms and calibers
- Shooting qualifications more challenging than most police depts (and passing)
- How to clean and maintain your firearm
- Which accessories you should buy for it (hint- you only need a couple)
- Ammunition selection
- The DO’s & DON’Ts of stockpiling
- and MORE…
The 2nd part of our course will cover the URBAN skills-
- What you NEED to know to survive
- Common mistakes others have made (and died from)
- Keeping your family and loved ones safe
- Movement (the ways to move and not be noticed)
- Countermovement (how to catch others who are trying to get the drop on you)
- Home food and water storage
- Water sources and purification in URBAN areas
- When you should BUG OUT & when you should BUG IN
- 5 key areas of home preparation
- Pre-disaster planning and establishing rendezvous points with family members
- Local, regional, and statewide evacuation strategies
- Pre-Trip Planning for Domestic & International Travel/Safety Concerns
- Travel Bug out gear you should always buy first thing in a new city (this one was a HUGE eye opener for me!)
- Coping with disaster abroad
- How to construct a personal Bail-Out Bag (BOB) for the home & office
- Off-grid medical issues
- Urban survivor’s first-aid kit
- Sanitation & hygiene issues
- Traps and tools for feeding yourself when the grocery shelves empty
- Communication methods and tips for getting in touch with separated family members
- Equipping your vehicle for roadside survival
- Caches- pros & cons of different storage devices, long-term issues, and realistic storage methods.
- Improvised Tools
- Supplies you will NEED to make it
- AND MORE (guys in previous classes know what I am talking about, there will be things you are taught that we can not publicly discuss!)
And maybe the best part, on the last day of the course, you will have a Field Training Exercise, where you will have to go out into the real world, run missions we give you and monitor, and employ the skills you learned during the class to survive!
WHEN: November 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th 2017
WHERE: Phoenix, Az (more info once you are in)
What you will need to bring-
- A quality firearm
- A quality outside the waistband holster
- 3 magazines
- Single or double magazine pouch
- Eye and ear protection for gun range (highly recommend electronic earmuffs)
- Notebook, 2 pens, and a sharpie marker
- Gun cleaning kit for your firearm
- Tactical flashlight
- Dummy rounds in your caliber
- Training knife (optional)
- Electrolyte tablets
- Water bottle
- Dress for indoor/outdoor training in Arizona, plan for heat & weather changes
- GOOD walking/hiking shoes and quality socks
- Smart phone and any charging needs
And like all of my other classes, you will make friendships and memories that will last a lifetime, you will be on your way of DOING DOPE SHIT for 2017, and you will have DHV pics and stories to share!
This course is a PRIVATE event. Each person who wants to attend will have to be interviewed personally by me, you must be at least 21 years old to attend this class, and may be subject to a background check
Only 2 spots still available!!!
email me Survive@StephenGrosch.com if you have any questions and want to register.